Frequently Asked Questions
Is SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit for adults and children?
SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit is an osmotic laxative indicated for cleansing of the colon as a preparation for colonoscopy in adults. Safety and effectiveness in pediatric patients has not been established.
When do I take SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit?
SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit should be used as a split-dose regimen, which means that you take two 6-ounce bottles of SUPREP. The first 6-ounce bottles is taken the evening before your colonoscopy and the second 6-ounce bottle is taken the morning of your colonoscopy. It is important to drink the additional water as recommended in the Instructions for Use. Follow your doctor’s instructions on when to begin to take SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit.
Can I eat anything after I start taking SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit?
NO. Do not eat solid foods while taking SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit until after you have your colonoscopy.
Remember that on the day before your colonoscopy…
- You may have a light breakfast or clear liquids ONLY;
please have nothing for dinner
- DO NOT drink milk
- DO NOT eat or drink anything colored red or purple
- DO NOT drink alcoholic beverages
What should I tell my doctor before taking SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit?
Before you take SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit , tell your healthcare provider if you:
- heart problems
- have stomach or bowel problems
- have ulcerative colitis
- have problems with swallowing or gastric reflux
- have gout
- have a history of seizures
- are withdrawing from drinking alcohol
- have a low blood salt (sodium level)
- have kidney problems
- have any other medical conditions
- are pregnant. It is not known whether SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit will harm your unborn baby. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit passes into your breast milk. You and your healthcare provider should decide if you will take SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit while breastfeeding
You should not take this product if you are allergic to anything in it. See the end of the Medication Guide for a complete list of ingredients in SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit.
What if I have trouble swallowing?
If you have trouble swallowing or are prone to regurgitation or aspiration, be sure to tell your doctor before you take SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit.
Who should not take SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit?
Do not take SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit if your healthcare provider has told you that you have:
- a blockage in your bowel (obstruction)
- an opening in the wall of your stomach or intestine (bowel perforation)
- problems with food and fluid emptying from your stomach (gastric retention)
- a very dilated intestine (bowel)
- an allergy to any of the ingredients in SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit. See the end of the Medication Guide for a complete list of ingredients in SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit.
What if I am taking other medicines?
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit may affect how other medicines work. Medicines taken by mouth may not be absorbed properly when taken within 1 hour before the start of each dose of SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit.
Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take:
- medicines for blood pressure or heart problems
- medicines for kidney problems
- medicines for seizures
- water pills (diuretics)
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAID) pain medicines
Does SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit contain gluten?
SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit is a gluten-free product.
Can I use a liquid besides water to dilute SUPREP?
No. After pouring one 6-ounce bottle of SUPREP liquid into the mixing container, add cool drinking water to the 16-ounce line on the container and mix.
Can I drink SUPREP directly from the bottle it comes in?
No. Each bottle of SUPREP must be mixed with water (diluted) before you drink it. It is important for you to drink the additional prescribed amount of water listed in the Instructions for Use to prevent fluid loss (dehydration). Drinking SUPREP without diluting it may increase the risk of nausea, vomiting, fluid loss (dehydration) and electrolyte disturbances. Please carefully read and follow the instructions in the SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit about how to dilute and take SUPREP.
Click here for full Prescribing Information and Medication Guide
Braintree Laboratories Code of Conduct
Braintree Laboratories California Health and Safety Code Statement
Copyright 2010 Braintree Laboratories, Inc.